Saturday 12 July 2014

The hottest summer trend


Circular cat eye shades, off shoulder cropped top, light blue denim
 

Here I've got my orange off shoulder cropped top and high waist jeans. I totally adore this. Opps...forgot to wear my shades in the photo as mentioned on the show-Forgive me. Decided to post a photo of the shade below so you can still take a look.
  

Circular shades are super hot right now. My favourite are those circular shades with a little extra something going on- like the circular cat eye shades. The cat eye style adds a little sexy to the sunglasses. If you’ve got oval, long or square face you can absolutely pull it off but if you’ve got a circular face you have to be a bit careful about this shades. Circular faces can go for wayfarers which are hardly out of season.
My cropped top is something else I’m loving this season! I don’t like tops too cropped but just cropped enough to show a little skin. I also love the cropped top with a high waist flared skirt, denim shorts or high waist jeans.
 
Here's another way to wear the cropped top. I paired this one with my custom dadu bajo ankara wrap skirt and the look has gone from casual to let's go!


Print (dadu bajo Ankara shorts, monochrome print top)
 
In this look its all about print. I'm pretty much fixing up my monochrome geometric print top with my burnt orange Ankara print shorts from dadu bajo. This is a nice combination of print fabrics.
Here are simple tips on combining prints
In balancing print fabrics or combining them in one ensemble the key  is finding a balance. It's safe to mix monochrome print with coloured prints like in my photo above. They usually balance out.
When mixing you should consider the patterns of the print, size of the prints, colours and how much of fabric you have. Like here I have a smaller amount of the burnt orange compared to the mono print because the shorts are smaller than the blouse. You can also consider positioning. I decided to place the monochrome at the top and ankara print at the bottom and in terms of the size of the prints they both have geometric shapes of about the same proportion with triangles on the monochrome and circle like shapes on the ankara print shorts. So you can see the unity and the balance in terms of colour, positioning, shape of prints, size of prints, colour and quantity of fabric. 

Floral pattern (dadu bajo floral short, black blouse and floral shoes)
 

I decided to wear floral and floral in this look with my custom floral dadu bajo shorts and floral shoes which I bought online. Also, I'm wearing a plain blouse on top of it so it does not disturb the floral effect I have going on at the bottom.

The hottest colour right now!

This summer trend alert will not be complete without me telling you the hottest colour right now right?
 
Ok so orange is on fire as we speak. This should not be news. It's blazing through this season and you can wear it in so many ways. You can do orange with green, purple and yellow depending on how you choose to strike your balance. But have no fear, orange is the colour this season. Wear it in dresses, blouses, bottoms and however you intend really. Don’t be shy simply express the style you intend and be confident about it.

 
Here's how I chose to wear orange in my first look. I'm going to have an even fresher way to wear orange next week so do check the blog or listen to me on Unilag 103.1fm, Saturday by 2:30pm. Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Dupsy Daisy's blog