Friday 18 July 2014

The hottest summer trend part II


Denim short, gladiator sandals, long sleeve top

Go back a few centuries and remain contemporary in one of this season's strappy trends. The gladiator! I like to choose really short bottoms when wearing glads so I can emphasize them (they were not created to be hidden). Which is why I paired my glad with my denim shorts. The denim is stoned washed so they are quite light in colour. They are mom jeans inspired as well which means 90s high waist and large back pockets. Honestly, I would have sworn that I'll never wear mom jeans again since stretchy low rise came in, but here we are and I'm loving it. 



Here's a look at the back

 
I love high waists! They enhance the shape of every woman and work for most body types especially when the band cinches at the smallest part of your waist. That way it makes your waist look smaller and displays the full bum right behind. Who doesn't like that? 

Denim jacket, flared dress Ankara
There are so many ways to wear a denim jacket. I love to wear denim with prints, especially African prints. So here I am in my denim jacket and my Dadu Bajo ankara flared skirt. I just added a white camisole to help the denim balance more with the Ankara but this really was not compulsory. I love this look so much! Very casual outing ready and I can take the denim jacket off and head to the beach. Lovely!

 

Wearing Orange: Dungaree, off shoulder top
Last week, I did mention that I was going to show you a different way of wearing orange which is a hot colour this season. So I paired my black dungaree with this orange off shoulder crop top. These two don't usually come together which I why I love this look but feel free to try something different as well.

Pastel colours
Pastels are the thing! Get them when next you shop. Even when they are not trending they are still wearable! Their softness is alluring and they are even more charming when they come in soft fabric like the ones in the photo below. Don't you just love?


Here is a simple palette of pastels below so you can have an idea of names and shades. Happy shopping!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Dupsy Daisy's blog